Make an impact. Explore our current open positions at Connected Families NH and make a difference in the lives of youths.
Youth Peer Support Facilitator
In-person group facilitator for peer support programs with middle and/or high school students. Individuals in this position will facilitate groups of up to 10 high school and or middle school youths focusing on peer support for healthy responses to daily stressors.
Facilitator is required to attend 24 paid hours of youth peer support training (virtual and in-person). Additional optional training opportunities are available.
Facilitator is provided with supervision to appropriately access and monitor youth behavior to ensure appropriate topics and actions.
This candidate would be a contracted employee of Connected Families NH/Cheshire County.
RATE:$20/hour (mileage reimbursement is available)
Works under the direct supervision of The Grapevine’s Avenue A Coordinator and under the general supervision of Connected Families NH.
- Will maintain professional boundaries with all current, past, and prospective clients, and maintain the confidentiality of clients and staff, in accordance with The Grapevine and Connected Families NH’s policies and procedures.
- Abide by all outlined safety policies and procedures.
- Be mindful of maintaining appropriate self-disclosure boundaries.
- Present a professional and positive image as a representative of the above agencies.
- Attend weekly supervision meetings.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Understand that illegal substance misuse is cause for immediate dismissal.
- Defuse conflicts between youths.
- Provide written follow-up of weekly meetings.
- Meet with the Maps Counseling consultant following group sessions to review progress.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Possesses a valid driver’s license.
- Enthusiastic role model
- Possesses the ability to relate to youth and build strong relationships, while setting and holding boundaries
- Assertive in asking for help
- Confident leading groups of youth and adapting to group needs
- Comfortable maintaining a safe, inclusive space
- Has excellent communication skills
- Ability to create and submit weekly follow-up summaries
- Must pass a criminal background check
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Some experience working with children.
- Interest, experience, or coursework in youth mental health, social work, youth work, or other human services fields.
JOB LOCATION: Peer support groups will happen at The Avenue A Teen Center in Antrim, NH.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to Jacqueline Roland, Avenue A Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connected Families NH is seeking a Care Coordinator for our System of Care practice. This position serves youth & families and will involve travel around Cheshire, Sullivan and lower Grafton Counties in addition to occasional state-wide travel. Working with children, youth and families in their homes and community, the Care Coordinator will facilitate family-centered planning and plans of care driven by the needs of the youth and families to coordinate and obtain targeted services. This position will also work with youth, families and community partners as the youth transitions from a psychiatric care facility or residential treatment episode. This position will monitor outcomes, working to assure youth and family can be successful at home, in school and in their community.
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree and at least two (2) years of experience, preferably in health care, social services, behavioral health, human services or education. Individuals with lived experienced will be considered as well. Experience in group facilitation and strong computer skills preferred. Must be extremely organized, flexible, reliable, creative and enjoy working effectively as part of a team. Candidates must have flexibility to work occasional nights and weekends as well as valid drivers’ license and vehicle insurance.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to Kim May, HR Director, Cheshire County, 12 Court Street, Keene, NH 03431 or via email at kmay@co.Cheshire.nh.us.